Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This Season

...So this season started of amazingly...being accepted on to TEAM TRAKKERS 2011!!!!

Then things took a slight change of direction. Because of a variety of reasons (primarily family...and a little bit of lack of motivation). My goal for the month of January is to really just get back into a regimen. I am currently enroute (probably over Wyoming right now) for a very very quick trip to NYC, and then next Tuesday I head to FL for a couple days to tend to some family stuff. Regardless of what I have going on, work, travel, issues, etc., I need to stick to a schedule (especially in relation to physical fitness). First off, the schedule helps organize my life. Irregardless how much I have going on, sticking to a routine simplifies my life and makes it so much more manageable. Secondly, the effect of endorphins, does wonders with minimizing the effects of stress and my ADHD, thus making a huge difference on my day-to-day operations.

Being accepted to Team Trakkers has brought on an additional responsibility to represent them well. This source of motivation combined with the previous sources, has compelled me to get back on track. I am so excited for this race season (exclusively racing REV3 Races!!!-triathlon wise), and to meet all my fellow Team Trakkers Teammates.

I am cheesy when it comes to quotes and adages...

Here's one to end this post...

"Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character."
-unknown

13 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just when I thought your blog had died from extreme stale-ness... Welcome back to blog land Alexander!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said...I'm a sucker for really good quotes! Welcome back to the land of training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. See you at the races.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you can get settled back into "the groove". See you at the races.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice quote Alex! Just start small and before you know it and you'll find that groove!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is tough getting into the groove, but once you get there it is so much easier to stick with it. Good luck, and see you at the races!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) Baby steps... you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Traveling always throws my game off - like right now, I'm only 2 hrs away at my parents house, but not being in my element often takes a toll on my training. Having a routine already in place can certainly help with that....and I'm not quite there yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Add some mixture in. You'll be doing the 3 disciplines as your primary soon wnough; just get out and doing some variety! Enjoy and remember... You et to do this, you don't HAVE to do this

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quote and looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete