Friday, February 1, 2013

THE AMAZING POWER BAR HIGH INTENSITY


I am completely in love with PB High Intensity sustained release Beta Alanine. While High Intensity isn't the only variable that has changed in my routine, I ramped up training as I was supposed to be racing the NYC Marathon last  November, I enlisted the help of a coach again, etc, I can say that I definitely see a huge difference from the PB High Intensity. I was definitely leery at first if High Intensity could live up to the marketing that went along with it. 
 
I was introduced to the product during IM CDA expo by the PB Tech Rep Becky. I was helping her work the booth and asked her a couple questions about it. She gave me a bottle to try for helping her out. I just finished my load phase, which is one bottle worth of pills taken twice daily over a four week period. After the load period, each bottle will last you almost two months as you only take it once daily. 

Now to my results...
I did a 10k as a relay in the Rev3 Portland Olympic Distance Triathlon with some of my teammates. I averaged 8:50 min/miles for the 10k. This was in July. A week or so later I started to take the PB High Intensity. I did a 16 mile run on my lunch break  Thursday, September 6th, at an 8:15 min/mile pace. This morning three days later I ran a 10k race at a 7:30 min/mile pace. That's a 1:20 min/mile faster in less than two months.
Last week I ran a 5k at a 6:43 min/mile pace 

Even post Ironman and during my fittest days, I never touched speeds like this. I will say that the only side effect of the PB High Intensity is that right when I take it I get a light tingly sensation. It's completely normal and is a healthy supplement. I like the sensation because I feel like its working.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some serious PRs! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review on the product! I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete